Elder advocates need unbiased information so they can quickly and confidently make important care decisions. The ElderCompass Navigation Plan offers prioritized action items that will have a positive impact on your Elder’s health outcomes and general well-being. Often these care suggestions are required after serious health events or diagnoses, which may include:
- Consequences of falls
- Newly diagnosed or worsening dementia
- Heart & Vascular disease
- Recent or frequent hospitalization
- Complications of diabetes
Families and professionals responsible for the Elder’s well-being often have to make major decisions very quickly. Such decisions have significant, immediate, and long-term implications for the Elder and those responsible for their health and welfare.
To help you determine whether an assessment can be helpful for you or your loved one, here are some questions to answer:
- Is there concern about memory loss or confusion?
- Have there been frequent falls?
- Has there been a diagnosis for which you want a second opinion?
- Are medications ineffective or difficult to manage? Are you concerned about the dosages?
- Has there been a decline in the ability to do something that previously was done well?
- Has there been an unexplained weight loss or gain?
- Has there been a sudden change in you or your loved one, such as a withdrawal from usual activities?
- Has there been an unexplained personality change?
- Have there been problems with urinary control?
- Is your Elder unsafe when alone?
- Do you feel that you or your loved one can no longer manage the household but want to continue living at home?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, our Navigation Plan and our credentials may be beneficial for you or your loved one.
The goal of our plan is to provide both the patient and the advocates with recommendations and a written plan of care that is practical and understandable. Using the ElderCompass Navigation Plan as a guide, will empower YOU as an advocate and assist your Elder on the path to safety and increased health. For peace of mind relating to the Elder in your life: