I attended the Detroit Economic Club luncheon with Larry Merlo, the President & CEO of CVS Caremark Corporation. It was such a great event in The D! The information presented, the venue – the historic Book Cadillac Hotel was lovely and the networking was superb. I will attend more as many interesting and influential attendees were present.
Merlo spoke about these important health care topics:
- Affordable Care Act influence on healthcare
- Recent and disruptive choice to discontinue selling tobacco products
- His original training as pharmacist and the influence it has on his decision-making for the company
- Future of pharmacists that may include pharmacist at bedside when patients are discharged from hospitals
- Actual home visits by pharmacists
Here is a small video snippet of the his talk. http://www.econclub.org/?mediaID=video2
I learned a lot and made a few great connections where I can learn even more. It was a great event!